Tour ‘A’ – The Scenic Beauty of the South Lakes
This full day tour takes in some of the most beautiful and influential locations in and around Coniston and South Lakeland. The tour gives visitors a sense of the history, beauty and industry surrounding the area.
Your knowledgeable driver will provide you with information about some of the people who have influenced Coniston; such as John Ruskin, Arthur Ransome and, in more modern times, the Campbell family and their speed attempts on Coniston Water.
A full day tour every Monday, departing from Coniston at 8.45am, Windermere at 9.15am and Ambleside at 9.30am.
- Valleys, Mountains and Tarns of the ‘Langdales’
- Coniston and a lake trip onboard the N.T. Steam Yacht ‘Gondola’ (included)
- Brantwood House Cafe with its stunning views over the Lake and Mountains
- A visit to beautiful ‘Tarn Hows’ and it’s stunning scenery
- Visit the historic small village of Hawkshead with it’s links to the Vikings, William Wordsworth and Beatrix Potter
- A drive past Esthwaite and up into the Rusland Valley to visit the small chuch where Arthur Ransome (the author of ‘Swallows and Amazons’ and his wife were laid to rest
- Return via Gummers How and Bowness