Tour ‘A’ – The Grand Tour of the South and Western Lakes
This full day tour takes in some of the most beautiful and influential locations in and around the South and Western Lake District. This tour gives visitors a sense of the history and beauty surrounding the area.
Your knowledgeable driver will provide you with information about some of the influences that make the Lake District what it is today. The Roman and the Viking influence as well as the industrial activities of the 19th century.
A full day tour every Tuesday and Thursday, departing Windermere at 9.30am and Ambleside at 9.45am and Coniston at 10.15am
- Corney Fell and Black Combe. On a clear day with views of the Isle of Man
- Views of Muncaster Castle
- Experience a trip on La’ll Ratty, the narrow gauge railway located in the Eskdale Valley, starting at Ravenglass
- Stunning Wastwater (England’s deepest lake)
- Wasdale Head with the smallest church in England and views of Scafell ( England’s Highest mountain)
- Gosforth Church with it’s Viking stone carvings
- Birker Fell
- Coniston Water
- Beautiful Tarn Hows
- A drive past Esthwaite Water and up into the Rusland Valley to visit the small chuch where Arthur Ransome (the author of ‘Swallows and Amazons’ and his wife were laid to rest
- Return via Gummers How and Bowness